The EERA DeepWind‘2019 Conference was a success with a full house with researchers and industry interacting in an exciting atmosphere. A mix of plenary presentations with broad appeal and presentations in parallel sessions and posters on specific science and technology themes were presented.
The conference is established as an important venue on deep sea offshore wind research hosted by SINTEF and NTNU and organized in association with the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) joint programme on wind energy. The aim is to present the latest and best on-going research and innovation on deep sea offshore wind farms.
In total 59 oral and 40 posters were presented addressing new turbine and generator technology, grid connection and power system integration, met-ocean conditions, operation & maintenance, installation and sub-structures, wind farm optimization, and wind farm control systems.
The presentations and posters from EERA DeepWind’2019 Conference are now available at the conference website EERA DeepWind’2019 whereas selected papers are now in peer-review for publication in the Journal of Physics: Conference series.
Mark your calendars: The next EERA DeepWind conference will take place in Trondheim, 15 – 17 January 2020.
Danish-Norwegian Cooperation on Offshore Wind Expanded
- This might also be of interest: Danes and Norwegians Bolster Offshore Wind Bond
This year’s poster award winners were:
- Best presentation: Erick Alves, NTNU, “Power Quality in Wind-Powered Oil and Gas Platforms”
- Best content: Cian Desmond, MaREI Centre, ERI, University College Cork, Ireland, “A tool to decommissioning offshore wind farms”
A list of previous poster award winners can be found here.
- Successful EERA DeepWind’2019 Conference - February 1, 2019
- Offshore Wind in China as Pioneering Sustainable Solutions (Norway-China business summit 2018) - October 25, 2018
- OPWIND: Summer internship on wind farm control - September 13, 2018
- NOWITECH: Results from 8 years of research on offshore wind (final report: download available) - August 2, 2018
- International cooperation on offshore wind - February 14, 2018
- DeepWind’18: Can we make Offshore Wind profitable without subsidies? - December 14, 2017