The EERA DeepWind‘2019 Conference was a success with a full house with researchers and industry interacting in an exciting atmosphere. A mix of plenary presentations with broad appeal and presentations in parallel sessions and posters on specific science and technology themes were presented.
The conference is established as an important venue on deep sea offshore wind research hosted by SINTEF and NTNU and organized in association with the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) joint programme on wind energy. The aim is to present the latest and best on-going research and innovation on deep sea offshore wind farms.
In total 59 oral and 40 posters were presented addressing new turbine and generator technology, grid connection and power system integration, met-ocean conditions, operation & maintenance, installation and sub-structures, wind farm optimization, and wind farm control systems.
The presentations and posters from EERA DeepWind’2019 Conference are now available at the conference website EERA DeepWind’2019 whereas selected papers are now in peer-review for publication in the Journal of Physics: Conference series.
Mark your calendars: The next EERA DeepWind conference will take place in Trondheim, 15 – 17 January 2020.
Danish-Norwegian Cooperation on Offshore Wind Expanded
Det er et stort, uforløst potensiale innen havvind. Bedre og billigere havvindparker er målet for samarbeidet om fornybar energi mellom Danmarks Tekniske Universitet – DTU, NTNU – Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet og SINTEF. Les mer om det nye samarbeidet her: https://www.sintef.no/siste-nytt/dansk-norsk-samarbeid-om-havvind-utvides/
Publisert av SINTEF Onsdag 16. januar 2019
- This might also be of interest: Danes and Norwegians Bolster Offshore Wind Bond
This year’s poster award winners were:
- Best presentation: Erick Alves, NTNU, “Power Quality in Wind-Powered Oil and Gas Platforms”
- Best content: Cian Desmond, MaREI Centre, ERI, University College Cork, Ireland, “A tool to decommissioning offshore wind farms”
A list of previous poster award winners can be found here.
- Offshore wind: the EU needs to invest now - March 18, 2022
- EERA DeepWind offshore wind energy R&I conference 2022 - January 21, 2022
- The time is now for the EU to invest in offshore wind research - November 10, 2021
- EERA DeepWind’2021 Offshore Wind R&D Digital Conference - February 9, 2021
- Call for abstracts – EERA DeepWind’2021 - October 2, 2020
- Offshore Wind: Ambitious Industry Plans to Meet Energy Needs - June 11, 2020