The poster “Step-wise stochastic optimisation of transmission grid for offshore wind farm clusters” won Award at Offshore Wind Energy 2017.
The poster presented by Harald G Svendsen received a poster award at the Offshore Wind Energy 2017 conference in London 7 June 2017. The poster describes and demonstrates a method for optimising offshore grid layout taking into account investment costs, generation costs, variability in wind resources, the benefit of trade between price areas, as well as parameter uncertainties. Recent improvements in the optimisation approach makes it easier to identify robust offshore grid investments, by accounting for the step-wise nature of such investments and the uncertainties in what happens in the future.
Offshore Wind Energy 2017 is the world’s largest conference and exhibition on offshore wind energy.
- Successful EERA DeepWind’2019 Conference - February 1, 2019
- Offshore Wind in China as Pioneering Sustainable Solutions (Norway-China business summit 2018) - October 25, 2018
- OPWIND: Summer internship on wind farm control - September 13, 2018
- NOWITECH: Results from 8 years of research on offshore wind (final report: download available) - August 2, 2018
- International cooperation on offshore wind - February 14, 2018
- DeepWind’18: Can we make Offshore Wind profitable without subsidies? - December 14, 2017