The poster “Step-wise stochastic optimisation of transmission grid for offshore wind farm clusters” won Award at Offshore Wind Energy 2017.
The poster presented by Harald G Svendsen received a poster award at the Offshore Wind Energy 2017 conference in London 7 June 2017. The poster describes and demonstrates a method for optimising offshore grid layout taking into account investment costs, generation costs, variability in wind resources, the benefit of trade between price areas, as well as parameter uncertainties. Recent improvements in the optimisation approach makes it easier to identify robust offshore grid investments, by accounting for the step-wise nature of such investments and the uncertainties in what happens in the future.
Offshore Wind Energy 2017 is the world’s largest conference and exhibition on offshore wind energy.
- EERA DeepWind offshore wind energy R&I conference 2022 - January 21, 2022
- The time is now for the EU to invest in offshore wind research Offshore wind can become the backbone of the EU's zero-emission energy system – but it requires a concerted effort - November 10, 2021
- EERA DeepWind’2021 Offshore Wind R&D Digital Conference - February 9, 2021
- Call for abstracts – EERA DeepWind’2021 18th Deep Sea Offshore Wind R&D Conference - October 2, 2020
- Offshore Wind: Ambitious Industry Plans to Meet Energy Needs - June 11, 2020
- The first announcement of EERA DeepWind’2021 - May 11, 2020