Mr. Gabriel Guerrero Heredia successfully defended his PhD thesis at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, on October 24, 2017. Mr. (now Dr.) Heredia’s project has been funded by the BIGCCS Research Centre.
The title of his thesis was:
“Novel hybrid membranes for post-combustion CO2 capture”
Mr. Gabriel Guerrero Heredia studied the effect, affinity, and compatibility of three different amine functionalized polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS®) nanoparticles dispersed in a polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) enabling improvements in the membrane fabrication and the resulting separation properties.
The assessment committee consisted of:
- Distinguished Professor Richard Spontak, North Carolina State University, USA
- Professor Klaus-Joachim Jens, University of Southeast Norway, Norway
- Professor Gisle Øye, Department of Chemical Engineering, NTNU
- PhD to Gabriel Guerrero Haredia on Novel hybrid membranes for post-combustion CO2 capture - November 28, 2017
- Three celebrations in one – new EU project, new laboratories, and the 100th anniversary of the NTNU Waterpower lab - June 13, 2017
- NCCS – Norwegian CCS Research Centre Kick-off 4 November 2016 - November 8, 2016
- A picture blog from the opening of CINELDI and the Smart Grid Laboratory - September 22, 2016