On April 9th Centre for Intelligent Electricity Distribution (CINELDI) arranges an external conference on future electricity distribution R&D.
Flexibility in the electricity distribution system is crucial in the transition to the future intelligent, cost-effective and robust electricity grid. Variable distributed generation (DG), dispatchable loads and energy storage are resources that, if properly addressed, may facilitate the transition. To realise the flexibility potential in grid operation, pervasive monitoring, control and automation is needed. This calls for reliable and secure communication systems.
This year’s conference will present results from the research on flexibility and communication, and provide discussions around these topics.
- Get the latest CINELDI news: Sign up to our newsletter
There will be two main sessions. The first session is “Flexible resources to facilitate the smart grid transition“. The session’s main keynote speaker is Mattia Marinlli, Associate Professor, Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
The second session is about “Smart grid communication and cyber security” with main keynote speaker Prof. Dr. Ir. Boudewijn R. Haverkort, Dean, Tilburg School of Humanities & Digital Sciences and Chairman Commit2data.
The conference will be followed by an internal day for the CINELDI partners on April 10th
Registration CINELDI Conference 2019
Fore more information on the Conference and registration please follow this link.
- How can the distribution grid be adapted to facilitate a large-scale electrification of the society? Registration open for CINELDI Conference - February 5, 2020
- Finding Smart Grid driving forces and how they affect Smart Grid development - December 3, 2019
- Registration open for CINELDI Conference: Future electricity distribution grid R&D - February 25, 2019
- Digitizing grid data for a future-proof SmartGrid - April 1, 2018