SINTEF and NTNU established in 2011 the SINTEF and NTNU CCS Award. The award is given to an individual for outstanding achievements within the field of carbon capture, transport and storage (CCS). The contribution of the awardee shall be of outstanding excellence and be internationally acknowledged.
Achievements can be within the following areas:
- Scientific contributions and breakthroughs
- Novel schemes for CCS
- Increased knowledge and dissemination of CCS
- Promotion and initiation of CCS for pilot, demo and full scale
Provided worthy candidates, the award is given every second year in connection with The Trondheim Conference on CO2 Capture, Transport and Storage. This is an award for outstanding CCS achievements in general – not a “best paper award”. Anyone can nominate one or more candidates. Especially, staff members at SINTEF and NTNU are encouraged to submit nominations. Both Norwegian and international candidates are equally eligible for nomination.
Criteria for the award:
- The award is given to an individual
- The contribution of the nominee shall be of excellence and international acknowledgement according to the above designated areas
- The candidate shall have played a key role in the contribution or achievement
- The achievement should be of relevance to research activities at SINTEF and NTNU in a particular and/or a broader context
- Stipend of NOK 25,000
- A plaque
- Free participation at the next TCCS Conference
The awardee will be asked to give a 20 minute Award Winner’s Lecture at the TCCS-9 Conference, on a self-decided CCS topic. The next SINTEF and NTNU CCS Award will be given in June 2017, at the TCCS-9.
Deadline for nominations is April 15, 2017.
You may also contact Dr. Nils Anders Røkke, Executive Vice President Sustainability, SINTEF. Nils.A.Rokke@sintef.no
Anyone can nominate a candidate. Candidates will be evaluated by an Evaluation Committee. To nominate a candidate, the official nomination form must be used. Provided a worthy awardee is identified, the announcement will be made at the TCCS-9 conference dinner on June 13, 2017. The nomination process will open during December 2016.