NOWITECH Final seminar took place in Trondheim 22 – 23 August.
Highlights from NOWITECH were presented.
Presentations were also held by the Research Council of Norway, Tone Ibenholt, the history of Hywind was presented by Arne Eik, Statoil, and Dong Energy presented how they work with R&D for accelerating offshore wind development.
Highlights from NOWITECH included among others presentation of integrated models of offshore wind turbines by Tor Anders Nygaard, IFE, and Offshore wind farm O&M and logistics optimization by Elin Espeland Halvorsen-Weare, SINTEF Ocean.
Se the full agenda and presentations.
NOWITECH Innovation Award
The 2017 award is given for the work on Method for Loss Minimization in Long High Voltage Alternating Current (HVAC) Export Cables for Offshore Wind Farms. Read more about the innovation here, you can even see a short film.
The NOWITECH Innovation award winners 2017 are from left: Chief Scientist Bjørn Gustavsen and Researcher Olve Mo, SINTEF Energi. To the right Per Arne Wilson, NTNU, from the NOWITECH Innovation Award Committee.
- EERA DeepWind offshore wind energy R&I conference 2022 - January 21, 2022
- The time is now for the EU to invest in offshore wind research Offshore wind can become the backbone of the EU's zero-emission energy system – but it requires a concerted effort - November 10, 2021
- EERA DeepWind’2021 Offshore Wind R&D Digital Conference - February 9, 2021
- Call for abstracts – EERA DeepWind’2021 18th Deep Sea Offshore Wind R&D Conference - October 2, 2020
- Offshore Wind: Ambitious Industry Plans to Meet Energy Needs - June 11, 2020
- The first announcement of EERA DeepWind’2021 - May 11, 2020