COMPACTS aims to develop technology that can help Norway and other oil and gas producing countries reach their climate goals.
An op-ed was written in the Norwegian business newspaper Dagens Næringsliv on May 15th, 2015. The article sketches details on how to implement combined cycles offshore recovering wasted heat from the gas tubines used for power production. This can reduce offshore emissions by about 21-25 %.
The goal of COMPACTS is to improve the offshore combined cycles to lower their weight by up to 50 %. The project also aims to improve operational reliability so that combined cycles can be installed as standard equipment offshore like they are onshore rather than being the exception they are today.
Read the whole op-ed here.(in Norwegian)
- Happy occasion at SINTEF & NTNU – Opening of the LowEmission Research Centre - July 4, 2019
- Matchmaking for industry sectors for waste heat utilization - August 2, 2018
- Workshop on more energy efficient Metals, Materials & Industry Clusters Sector - April 26, 2017
- How Quality of CO2 IMPACTS its transport and storage properties? - February 15, 2016
- Recovering wasted heat from offshore gas tubines - November 25, 2015
- Graphene – better efficiency in steam turbines - November 22, 2015