The Organization Committee of TCCS-8 will seek nominations for the SINTEF and NTNU CCS Award 2015.
About the award:
The SINTEF and NTNU CCS Award is given for outstanding achievements within the field of carbon capture, transport and storage (CCS). Achievements can be within the areas:
- Scientific contributions and breakthroughs
- Novel schemes for CCS
- Increased knowledge and dissemination of CCS
- Promotion and initiation of CCS for pilot, demo and full scale
Provided worthy candidates, the award can be given every second year in connection with The Trondheim Conference on CO2 Capture, Transport and Storage (TCCS). This is an award for outstanding CCS achievements in general – not a “best paper award”. Anyone can nominate one or more candidates.
Criteria for the award:
- The award is given to an individual
- The contribution of the nominee shall be of excellence and international acknowledgement according to the above designated areas
- The candidate shall have played a key role in the contribution or achievement
- The achievement should be of relevance to SINTEF and NTNU
- Stipend of NOK 25,000
- A plaque
- Free participation at the next TCCS Conference
The awardee will be asked to give a 20 minute Award Winner’s Lecture at the TCCS-8 Conference, on a self-decided CCS topic.
More information and nomination form can be found on the Conference website. You may also contact: Nils Anders Røkke , Vice President Climate Change Technologies, SINTEF.